Friday, January 23, 2009

Cafeteria food

I have made Parker's lunch since school started. He would not eat in the cafeteria! I think that he wanted to, but was too nervous. One evening 2 wks ago, he told me that the wiener roll-up was good from the cafeteria. I didn't know what he was talking about. He then explained that the juice box I put in his lunch had leaked out and gotten all of his food wet. So his teacher gave him a wiener roll-up from the school lunch. The juice I gave him leaked because a few days earlier he asked for another juice box and I said no. I didn't know that he had already poked a hole in the top and so he put it back in the cabinet.

Anyway, this morning Alex asked what was for school lunch and Parker said that is sounded good. So I decided to make him eat in the cafeteria. He was ok with it, as long as I sent an email to the teacher asking her to help him.

When he came home that afternoon, I asked how it was. Parker told me that it was "easy". He didn't even need help, he just watched the other kids and did what they did. It was mini corn dogs, peaches, a vegetable, and a brownie. He was so proud! Aaron and I were too!

No comments: